First stop.....longggggg flight to London....


June 29th……


First trip back to the USA after moving the kids abroad to Malaysia.  They have been bouncing off the walls with excitement for the last couple of weeks in anticipation of the move.  We’ve already run through the, what have you missed most from the US, to where do you want to go, the who do you want to see to the list, to last but not least where we need to eat list…. being the foodies we are…….

So we hit Air Asia X Premium or is it Premier???? After almost nine hours of flying I couldn’t tell you the name.  The trip so far has been smooth sailing, or that would be smooth flying.  The kids gleamed ear to ear when they saw the seats we were in, I had forewarned them we weren’t flying business…need to keep the princess and prince off their pedestals every now and then, but actually for Air Asia premier is their business class, the kids just didn’t know that.  The thought of 24+-hour flight within the next couple days to know we would have a seat that lays down etc. it sure can make the stuck in the torpedo not such a bad thing.

We get on the plane and in the airline magazine there was an article I read to the kids, if flying East to West sleep as little as possible and if flying West to East to snooze away…..hmmmmm  We were all looking forward to trying to sleep the 14 + hours to London, (first lag of our across the world adventure), so far that isn’t the case.

Since we are nearing the 9 hour mark we all have attached ourselves to everything portable we can get hands on, from the hand held TV/Movie/Music system on the plane, looks like a miniature IPAD that ate to much memory so it’s a bit fluffy, IPODS, IPADS to my beloved laptop.  Our brains are going to be on high overload so I’m not sure when our neurons will be able to shut down for us to sleep!!!

The good news is…during the pilots welcome…blah blah blah scoop about the flight information over the sound system he stated that the flight was going to be 12 hours and 40 minutes ….I thought…I surely heard that incorrectly, this flight is over 14 hours….When I double checked with the flight attendant to reassured me is what the 14 hour + flight……grrrrrr….I went back to my seat (we weren’t off the ground yet….don’t worry I wasn’t wondering around during take off).  Just a few minutes later she arrived to my side to tell me they had been informed there was an enormous tail wind and we would indeed make the flight in under 13 hours…woo hoo what a way to start the journey!!

Dinner arrived a bit later after in air and the it was a photo moment (which of course the camera was above our heads in the overhead) to see the smiles on the kids when they opened their meals to find chicken lasagna…….ooozing with cheese….we definitely are heading WEST not east J

We were schedule to arrived in London/Stansted around 9:45 where we will take the Stansted Express into the city, that will be grand if we can arrive a bit earlier than rolling into the hotel after midnight…… I believe the train takes around 45 minutes into the city to Liverpool station and then we will catch a cab to the hotel which is in Hyde Park.  My friends who have lived there kept reminding me to be prepared to stay in a thimble size room unless you want to sell off your children for a trade off for a bit larger space…..

I will fill you in once we see it if it’s hideous like I’ve heard many of the hotels can be, cross your fingers!

It’s been years since I’ve played in this city, I’m so looking forward to it, and this will be a first with little munchkins.  We are planning to hop the double deck bus  where we can hop on and off and our whim to catch a glimpse of the city, shopping….. hopefully FIND a dress for Natasha………need something beautiful for her cousins wedding and of course she couldn’t find anything she adored in Kuala Lumpur…..so maybe London?  If we still had a house they would probably ask me to mortgage it for what the dress may cost.  She had missed Target so much doesn’t she want a dress from there???......of course Harrods….one of my loves of London…..plan on hitting the riverboat cruise for dinner….  Covenent Garden and then is it Carnaby Street?  This all in a day……..hmmm bit ambitious,  maximizing the time…I’ll once again let you know what actually fits into the day.

One bar left on the battery……Toodles for now…….

Comments

Popular Posts