Wow...so much to catch up....

Finding that blogging, travel, kids, bills, gym.....you name it seems to be spinning out of control when I depart for two long.  We'll we've made it back and yes, it will take a bit to get back n the swing and I'm sad I didn't keep up with the posting as we traveled because I'm sure there will be TON that I forget to record here in our life keeper.....

So we made it through London, we had a blast.....then it was off to Kansas.  Wow were we in for a surprise upon our arrival!  My girlfriend and their kids were outside the gate awaiting our return....the best part was we were the very last ones to depart the plane...and I think they had given up and were scrambling to figure out which gate we were suppose to come in because I walk out the gate and two friends, Tiffers  and Lisa start screaming, I'm screaming, Natasha runs by me as she sees Libby off in the distance and threw her bags to run to her.  (Note....a day later I giggled to hear Libby was saying to herself when Natasha was running to her.....who is the French girl chasing ME!} Then Beverly, Cindy, Anne, Markie, Blake, Jerry all come pull open the Welcome Home banner......What a welcome home it was!!!  Nothing like your friends really making you feel special and I can promise you we felt really special.  Then we walk out the airport for another surprise, a huge limo to take us to our first stop PARTY at REAGAN's!!

About 20 minutes of chatting and hugging and catching up, all of a sudden it's the dreaded sound of a helicopter landing on your car....if you've ever had a flat tire, you know the sound......I'm sitting on the side of the car that overlooks the right side of the highway, which normally would be the emergency lane and some grass field, but no where we decide to have the blow out is where there is a HUGe hill drop off next to the side of the road.  The first thing I think of when I see it is, are you kidding me, we just make it and now we are all going off the side of the road....  All I could say was everyone HOLD ON!  My two girls at the back grabbed hands and Cindy said to Beverly, I love you! Seriously we thought this was not going to end good!  I wish I could tell you our drivers name, but what an amazing driver.......the blow out, was exactly that, the tire blew to shreds and could be seen all over the freeway, and it was the FROnT left Tire!! Praise God, he got us to the side of the road minus the tumble down the hill.  Once to a complete Stop I said, We'll.....welcome home to KANSAS!!!

The limo company came to change the tire, and we made our own little girls "out" house at the bottom of the hill that the road service patrol I believe enjoyed the sights of.....then I found out his department is allotted to write tickets.....could have started the trip with an public indecency ticket......!!!

Alive and well and counting our blessings ....off to our Kansas holiday.

The whirlwind started at Reagie Roo's with a gathering of book club and friends, yummy food, great conversation, and squeezing my girls!!!

Next it was off to Annie's for a slumber party where we rolled in jet lagged and ready for bed!  Hoping to sleep in and was up at the crack of dawn!!! See this is WHY i need to log as I experience life because I'm missing stuff in my brain?????  We were spoiled with her yummy sausage balls and Yes my posts will normally always include food because it's my memories :) then what happened....I missing the day in my brain....it will come to me....ooh FIREWORKS......off we went with Cindy.then it was off to Michele's to get ready for girls night out......

J. Gilberts......so Kansas Filet Mignon.....ummm........with Meg, Michele, Lynn and Tiffany.  Feeling a bit fluffy it was off to Toupee's I mean Touche's to have an eye sight of hilarious people watching, it's like the place is stuck in the 80's and then there is the pile of piranha guys that attack as the Hot ones walk in the door......but the music is GREAt for dancing.....and plus Cindy, Beverly and Paul met us there to shake their booties! Which we did of course.

Then it was off to my old stomping grounds Raul's.......man a in hot spot can change on a dime.......it was full of really "nasty" girls......so off we went next door.......great music and OH just so happens to have a bar that calls your name to dance on it........hmmmm......

oh that note......I'll sign off and be back with more details and photos....hopefully it won't be another month.

Tip for my little cubs:
Never show up empty handed to an invitation....this has always been my motto, and MAN did I dropped the ball the other night.  Bring a nice bottle of wine, (obviously not for many years HA)  cheeses, great book you love, guest book, photo of you and your host at a recent event in a frame, cookbook, flowers.....oh and if you bring flowers....bring them already in a vase ready to be used...

Comments

Popular Posts